[frgeek-michiana] GooseLab Update

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:05:45 -0500

1) electrical 'audio shorting sounds within the speakers' issue
   Got home, plugged everything in - still there...
Unplug everything, test (beat, bang, turn on turn off, etc) everything individually - nada
   Volt meter test a bunch of stuff - nada
   Replug everything back together - no noises!
   So far, no problems.... go figure
* Me think computer might have been part of issue as it WAS connected audio wise to stereo

2) Database server
Dunno to be honest... Power supply date 01/99, ok I'll change it to be safe Replacement rejected AFTER I got back from the warehouse (no warehouse report, no one there) Retaining screws for 110 plug / 110/220 switch removed - COULD NOT get the ps case screws out - go figure So I'm using what I first thought was my bad Antec 350watt supply... (Off my test system)
   So far she's on the air and running.

3) I'm done, time to chill...

Goose