[frgeek-michiana] Fw: [freegeek-startup] CRT recycling for Washington and nearby other states?

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:03:34 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I guess we're not the only ones.

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: "Iain (FreeGeek) Davidson"
Sent: Feb 3, 2007 2:45 AM
To: Making new Free Geeks outside of PDX
Subject: [freegeek-startup] CRT recycling for Washington and nearby other states?

I have a question for those folks doing CRT recycling for Washington and nearby other states.  I'm helping out several eWaste Management/PC surplus businesses... in the Bellingham area....

We have heard some rumors that Total Reclaim in Seattle (our main source for recycling CRT monitors) is looking at some non-BAN ( ban.org) certified methods for disposal.

It also ends up to be our most expensive item to recycle (they charge us for dropping them off)....  so we are looking at other alternatives to ship our monitors to be recycled responsibly.

Any suggestions on other 'nearby' places we could ship and be assured that they are being disposed of correctly ?

How do other FG's take care of CRT monitors ?  Or are most places just taking them, and not sure where they end up during the recycling process.

Thanks,m
-Iain