[frgeek-michiana] DTSB Eco-fest

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:56:55 -0400

Down Town South Bend (DTSB) dearly wants us to participate in their
environmental event which is scheduled for June 21 (I think).

Whether we participate or not depends on transportation. The set up is much
like the IUSB Sustainability Fair. We'll have a 10'x10' tent, tables and
electricity provided as well as a crew of 4 DTSB employees to help us when
need help. We'll be on a street with 30' to 40' of curb space for our
truck/trailer. There is no fork lift. The event organizers will direct
traffic and provide signage so donors know where to drive to drop off
material. We'll be able to test gear on site.

On our end, we need to guarantee we'll show up so we can get the free
advertising DTSB is offering. Since it is a city wide event, the promotion
will be considerable. The event is from 10 AM to 4 PM. We'll need skids,
gaylords and Dale's (or someone's) truck and trailer. It would be well for
us to purchase a banner and have lots of attractive handouts. A running
video or slideshow of what we do, a FreeBox demo and an LTSP demo might also
be good.

I must tell the organizers this Friday whether we are in or out.