[frgeek-michiana] DTSB Eco-Fest drop-off reminder

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:05:47 -0500

Everyone please check your calendars and family members for June 21, the date of Down Town South Bend's Eco-Fest drop-off event. I told the organizers I would say whether FGM is in or out by tomorrow, Friday, so please confirm right away.

The official invitation indeed sets the date as the 21st and the time from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. On the phone, I was told it ends at 4:00 PM so that needs to be clarified.

Kevin confirmed he will help at the event unless the CIA, NSA, DOHS (I particularly like the way DOHS sounds when uttered as an expletive) or some other government bureau taps him for covert ops. Forest gave a tentative 'yes' and so did Dale. If Dale can't make it or can't bring his truck and trailer, I need to arrange for a truck to transport material.

I will research the cost of a banner to stretch between tent poles or table legs. Goose suggested we fire up one or more of the color printers at the warehouse, particularly the Tectronix wax transfer printer, to make flyers. We might even make iron-on logos for t-shirts, caps, tote bags, etc., to raise funds or just show off our brand while we work.