[frgeek-michiana] Re: Compaq Proliant 800 server

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:18:35 -0500

Input wattage: 550 Watts!

Usable parts:
2  - 4.3 SCSI-3 drives
1 - 8.1g SCSI-3
1 - 8.1 SCSI-3 (dead, power pins broken off somehow)
1 - SCSI CD-Rom
1- Intel EEPro 10/100 PCI nic
MAYBE the 512mb ram stick (need to check into what type it is)

The parts plus a good core system be good for RAID trainer.... Outside of that, not usable for Freebox.

*** On a previous email ***

I'm still in need of a decent case candidate to install that 400 mhz board I want to give to free geek. I'll go over there tonight to deman the Proliant and if I can get a decent case I'll get that 400 build over the weekend.

*** On another subject ***

TOM:

Any chance we can meet at the church (or I'll see if Albert can do it) I need to get my network cable back so I can run some in the trailer. All of my existing cables at home are about 4-6 too short for where I want to place my servers.

  Richard

Rick L. Tribble wrote:
Is it an old power hungry monster?  Small hard drives?

If so, then yes, do the world a favor...

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>