[Fundraisers Forum] Re: Religious attire & making donors feel comfortable

  • From: "Chava Brown" <chava.brown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Fund Raising Forum'" <frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 21:44:09 +0200

For anyone wondering, this is NOT an issue that has come up at my current place
of work, rather I am seeking your opinions out of my own initiative. Thanks!

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Chava Brown <chava.brown@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:chava.brown@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

Hi all,

For those of you who wear noticeably religious attire (kippah, tichel), have
you ever considered not wearing it or wearing something less noticeable (like a
wig – not sure what men would do!) in order to help you make (potential) donors
who are not religious feel more comfortable with you?

For those who do not wear noticeably religious attire, if a female fundraiser
working for a religiously/politically-neutral organization would be fine with
wearing either a tichel or a wig, what do you think would be better? Which
would you prefer working on a fundraising event with – the wig-wearing or
tichel-wearing woman?

Finally, does it even matter what someone has on their head if they are
comfortable with themselves, and sincere with the donor?

Thanks so much!

Chava