[Freelists News] Yet another outage...

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 03:15:32 -0500

===
- The FreeLists Newsletter -
 You're receiving this email because you are subscribed
 to the FreeLists Newsletter, a newsletter sent out to all
 FreeLists list owners.  It contains important updates about
 changes to FreeLists services.  For subscription information,
 please see the bottom of this email.
===

(I haven't received any complaints yet, so maybe no one noticed. :))

Sorry folks: we lost another 4 hours of service tonight - more
thunderstorms in the Indianapolis area, and another multi-hour power
outage.  The UPS's here actually held for about 30 minutes of it, but I
ended up shutting everything down for safety.  It took the locals just
about 4 hours to get the power back on.

This sort of downtime is unacceptable.  As soon as funding permits, we'll
be investing in some sort of multi-hour UPS system.  If anyone out there
has any suggestions/recommendations, or know where to find such a system
on the cheap, please contact me or drop staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a note.  If
the weather so far this summer is indicative of what's to come, we're
definitely going to need it.

Thanks,
  John

- FreeLists Staff