Re: Waterman Hundred Year end

  • From: Chris Burton <onsight512@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, zoss <pens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 19:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi James,

I'm glad that you are pleased with the results. The work is guaranteed
so long as I'm breathing. Have fun with the pen.

Best,
Chris

onsight512@xxxxxxxxx

www.custombindes.com
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- The Pear Tree Pen Company <James@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK - I've said it before - I've got a thing for the Waterman Hundred
> Year Pen.  I don't know why, but I do.   And it's Vance Koven's
> fault.
>
> Anyhoo - I found this old-beat up HYP on eBay which I got for a
> steal.  The seller didn't really know what he had, didn't describe it
> well and the photos were god-awful.  The gods must have been smiling
> on me that day because I won the auction for what seemed like pennies
> on the dollar.
>
> Not really knowing exactly what condition I'd find my prize, I waited
> with nervous anticipation for the postal worker to deliver my
> package.  Lo and behold, the pen showed up and - it was actually in
> pretty good condition.  Not only that, but there was minimal
> brassing, the nib was clean and correct, the lever box was in good
> shape, and the sac had apparently recently been replaced.  The only
> rub - the barrel end had crazed and broken and some bloke had filled
> it with sealing wax. - it looked awful.
>
> Enter Chris Burton.  He had recently posted some photos on "that
> other board" of some lathe work he tried on another HYP, which looked
> pretty good.  I immediately contacted him and we made the necessary
> arrangements for my Waterman to take a little trip to Vegas.  After
> what seemed like a Hundred Years, my pen arrived in the mail
> yesterday.
>
> Holy Moley!  It looks as good as the day it left the Waterman
> factory.  And it didn't cost me a century's pay, either.    Check it
> out:
>
> http://www.peartreepens.com/images/100year1.jpg
>
> http://www.peartreepens.com/images/100year2.jpg
>
> http://www.peartreepens.com/images/100year3.jpg
>
> Thanks Chris!
>
> You made my week.
>
> James Partridge
> The Pear Tree Pen Company
> www.PearTreePens.com

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.