Regarding Ebay problems

  • From: PoohcornerPens@xxxxxxx
  • To: Ckap11@xxxxxxx, pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 21:30:04 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/2007 5:47:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ckap11@xxxxxxx writes:

Dear  fellow Zossers:
Consider waiting til the following  morning after winning an Ebay auction
before sending Paypal  payments.  I have bid on three auctions that  were
pulled
appox. 10 hours after the auction ended.  Usually  this happens when there is
a hijacked account.   This has saved me a  lot of cash.  There is a lag time
of about half a day between the time  that  Ebay suspects fraud and actually
contacts the buyer.   Note:  Paypal buyer protection plan does not cover you
for
foreign  transactions (out of the USA),  Please re-read the last sentence and
save  yourself a few headache$.  Carlos  ckap11 at a o l dot  com

Just to add a bit to this, Ebay's policy allows up to 10 days  (I'm pretty
sure) to complete auction payment and shipping. Most sellers "want"  the
quickest action of course, and many want payment within 1-3 days.

So, I agree with Carlos to be cautious if there is any  doubt.

In my case, if it's a new seller I've not dealt with before or  I'm just a
bit suspicious, I'll wait until contacted by the seller, and then pay  within
about 5 days allowing enough time for any fallout to  occur.

Since I've had my own Ebay account hijacked "back in the day",  I understand
the issues, believe me. I've posted about this several times so  I'll not
rehash the details here. Let's just say it was "interesting"  :-)

Best and blessings!
Jim