PIC. MInt Stickered Parker "Raven" ~1930

  • From: isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pens <pens@xxxxxxxx>, fptalk <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 05:07:34 +0000 (UTC)

John Danza recently pointed out that the "Raven Black" for this "thrift-ish"
Parker pen is more color description than model name, though many today
describe pens of this sort as "Parker Raven". I just picked up this mint
stickered example at a very successful Raleigh Pen Show. My vague recollection
(have not pulled the catalogues ) is that the trim (thin band) on this one is
not that seen in the original "Raven" catalogue appearance from 1929 which
showed either bandless or somewhat wider band.

Neat pen. Crisp.

http://vacumania.com/penteech/parkerravenmint850a.jpg

regards

David