Opinions Sought On Modern Duofold

  • From: a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Zoss List <pens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:47:49 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of buying a modern Duofold set, FP, BP & MP, for regular use.
Since modern Duofolds are not exactly inexpensive, even second-hand, I'd
appreciate feedback from owners prior to purchase.

It would be good to know if the modern Duofold is a reliable writer and how
well does Parker support it? Also, are the MP and BP mechanisms well built
and sufficiently reliable for regular long-term use? Are there any specific
models or production years to avoid?

All comments, pro and con, and links to additional info are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Akhil