RE: My New Treasure

  • From: "Taubman Aaron M GS-09 30 SCS/SCSOI" <Aaron.Taubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:30:38 -0700

I have a Bexley Gemstone too.  I was able to buy mine and it was an
unlinked NOS pen off of Ebay about 8 months ago.  It is in a black color
with a medium 14kt nib.  It is a very nice pen and it makes a perfect
companion for my 12 other Bexley fountain pens.  I am still on the prowl
for the blue and red colored ones along with the green.  I am sure there
is a green one if I remember correctly!!!  They are not large like I
usually like my fountain pens but it is a comfortable writer and a
pleasure to use.

Here are some pictures of my Black Gemstone:

Overall shot
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/TheNobleSavage/Bexley%20Gemstone/ov
erall2.jpg

Gemstone Uncapped
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/TheNobleSavage/Bexley%20Gemstone/ov
erall1.jpg

Picture of my Stipula Etruria Media.  It is smaller than the standard
size Etruria and this nib fits perfectly with the Gemstone
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/TheNobleSavage/Bexley%20Gemstone/ni
bs1.jpg

Here are some of my Bexley pens that I shot a while ago.  Since then I
acquired a half dozen more.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/TheNobleSavage/Various%20Pens/bexle
ypens1.jpg

Here is a shot with the nibs exposed
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/TheNobleSavage/Various%20Pens/bexle
ynibs1LARGE.jpg

Comparison in nib sizes between Prometheus and Submarine Grande
Prototype in red/black wood grain ebonite
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/TheNobleSavage/Various%20Pens/bexle
ycompare2.jpg

Aaron
TNS