Re: Maybe it's safe to ask this question here...

  • From: "Kim" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:00:55 -0500

I find that I use a variety of nibs for different purposes.  I didn't plan it
that way, I just have all these pens sitting around and...  My favorite pens
for standard writing have what I'd call a fine stub, about 0.7mm wide with
generous flow.  That kind of nib makes my writing look almost attractive.
Conway Stewart has a fine stub, but I have to have it customized for other
brands.  I've done that quite a bit, mostly for new pens.  But for some
purposes, like making marginal notes in something, a fine nib is best.  For
other writing, I pick up a medium, or better, a meduim stub.  Once in a while
I'll sign something with a broad or broad stub, but I don't write large enough
to use these for any other writing and don't own but one or two.

Satrap, If your comment below means that you haven't tried other nibs, then I
urge you to try some.  If nothing else, buy a inexpensive calligraphy set and
have fun with it!  Warning:  I expanded my obsession when I discovered italics,
stubs, and obliques, and you might expand yours also.

Have fun,

Kim
Omaha, NE

kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx or kim@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.penquest.com
  I still write like that (pretty much; some flourishes added).  I am a
standard M nib user, and have been warned not to even think about anything
else.