Happy David. Vintage Duofold from Raleigh.

  • From: isaacson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fptalk <fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pens <pens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:53:44 +0000 (UTC)

As noted, Raleigh emerged as a pleasant surprise on the pen finding and pen
selling fronts. Heck, i'd just gone down to hang with the pen friends and enjoy
the nice weather ;)

This one I will keep at least for a bit. Found it as part of a collection
purchased at the show.

Parker Duofold Senior. Bandless black CHASED Hard Rubber.

http://vacumania.com/penteech/parkerduofoldchasedsenior850a.jpg

As is well known, chasing is not uncommon amongst the Parker Lucky Curve (JKS
family) which overlapped Duofold production. But, chased DF's are fairly (eep!)
rare. While one no doubt can debate rarity and cachet both, in what passes for
my experience playing with DF's the past ten years, Chased pens are less common
than bandless red pens even. Or... maybe I just didn't notice them ;)

This one has sharp chasing and imprint. Very clean pen. A neat find.

regards

David