Fix for Omas Advanced Cartridge System

  • From: PoohcornerPens@xxxxxxx
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:59:54 EST

I received a response from Richard Binder that I'll share regarding a work
around for the Omas advanced cartridge system.

I'll just cut and paste  his response.

From Richard:

I use a standard Schmidt (International) converter with a length of  white
polystyrene tubing (available at good hobby shops) slipped over the knob.  I
cut
the tubing so that it extends past the end of the knob just about the same
distance as the converter's nipple extends past the cartridge tray when you
seat  the converter fully forward.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
So, I'm going to give this a shot when the pens  arrive later this week. I
believe a Schmidt converter is pretty generic, similar  to the Waterman and
Conway Stewart - type. In any event whatever converter you  use needs to have a
nipple on it so it can fit into the "adapter" made from the  chunk of
polystyrene tubing. The only problem would be with the length of the  converter
I'd
guess to make sure it fits.

Now, why didn't I think of that?

Thanks Richard!
Jim

in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.