[foxboro] rcopy, rmount on AW51D very slow

  • From: <dave.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:01:39 -0500

All Knowing List,

I have an AW51D(04AW01) that is extremely slow to rmount from any another AW
(or to respond to commands across the remote connection once rmounted).
The rmount takes about 5 minutes, as does the ls -l, cp, etc...

I can rmount other AW file systems to 04AW01 no problem-- just very slow when
others rmount 04AW01.

Ping, telnet, diplays, icc, etc. are all good.

I checked disk usage on the AW in question and it looked good.

I noticed many processes belonging to /usr/fox/exten/urfs_xserver -m
/etc/fox/dsamap and one for urfs_om_daemon.
My limited understanding is that these processes govern the remote file system.
I did not attempt to kill or restart any processes, but was tempted.

Lastly, I'd like to do as my friend Duc suggests and avoid rebooting this box
(answer your phone Duc).

Any ideas???
Thanks,
Dave