[foxboro] horn.cfg and System alarms

  • From: "Loupe, Rory (RJ)" <RJLoupe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Foxboro - Cassandra' <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:39:37 -0400

Below is the horn.cfg from an AW51B running 6.1.  The SYSMON1 is a BLNALM
block with nothing connected to IN_1.  SYSMON1.IN_1 is connected to IN_8 of
an MCOUT block which is configured to a FBM and wired to an external
Panalarm/Ronan.

Problem #1 : The alarm activates for a System alarm but does not clear
SYSMON1.IN_1 when the system alarms have been acknowledged.  I have to go in
and manually toggle SYSMON1.IN_1.

Problem #2 : The alarm does not activate when any process alarm becomes
active.  The AW is not used as an operator workstation so no compounds have
the AW letter bug in the group device for any compounds.  I suspected that
could be the problem, so I configured an alarm to be sent to the AW with a
priority of 1 and the external alarm did not sound nor did SYSMON1.IN_1
become true.

Does anyone have a solution to these problems?  Any help would be much
appreciated!

Rory Loupe
Dow Chemical

#
# Alarm Alert Horn Configuration File
# ===================================
#                        Process Alarm
#                          Priorities
#                  SYS   1  2  3  4  5
#                  ---   -- -- -- -- --
1 LID  BAW001
2 AnnunKeyboard1    0    0  0  0  0  0
3 AnnunKeyboard2    0    0  0  0  0  0
4 Console           0    0  0  0  0  0
5 Extsys        SYS_ALARM:SYSMON1.IN_1
6 Extpri1       SYS_ALARM:SYSMON1.IN_1
7 Extpri2       SYS_ALARM:SYSMON1.IN_1
8 Extpri3       SYS_ALARM:SYSMON1.IN_1
9 Extpri4       SYS_ALARM:SYSMON1.IN_1
10 Extpri5      SYS_ALARM:SYSMON1.IN_1
#
# Support of multihead workstation additional horns:
# 2nd console horn and annunciator keyboards 3 and 4.
#
11 Console2         0    0  0  0  0  0
12 AnnunKeyboard3   0    1  1  0  0  0
13 AnnunKeyboard4   0    1  1  0  0  0

        Rory Loupe
                The Dow Chemical Company
                LHC-3
                P.O. Box 150, Building 6801             21255 highway 1,
Building 6801
                Plaquemine, LA 70765-0150 USA   Plaquemine, LA  70764  USA
                Phone: 225.353-6409  Fax: 225.353.6968
                E-mail: RJLoupe@xxxxxxx