Re: [foxboro] lost+found clutter removal

  • From: "Gunter, Matt" <matt.gunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:31:03 +0000

I guess that "another day" has come.

I've checked the /tmp filesystem as Stan recommend, but I am not really sure
what I should be looking for there. However, I really it doesn't appear that
there is anything of real concern. It's a pretty small listing and several of
those seem to be lock files for the likes of Foxview and perhaps ICC.

I have again removed the lost+found files and rebooted to the SBAR disk,
allowing it the time required to fully load. I ran check_fs (FSCK) from the CD
until it came up clean (took a couple of times) then rebooted. The AW came up
normally, and has behaved well ever since. The opt/lost+found directory is
currently empty.

Note that in a second pass, I deleted the backup copy of the lost+found
subdirectory. I again booted from the CD and ran check_fs and it came up
clean. However it still takes a long time to configure devices when booting
from the SBAR disk.

Since then, the server has run normally so I guess that is success. The
process freed up a fair amount of disk space.

Thanks for the responses!

Matt