Re: [foxboro] iccdrvr.tsk

  • From: "William C. Ricker" <wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:10:04 -0500

Generaly, yes, though specific placement of '=' and
numeric range of memory registers I am not exactly
certain of.
Yes, there is an 'END' for each block edit.

Yes, editing multiple blocks in a single go is quite
valid.  They may reside the same, orin different
compounds, but need only be in the same CP when
they are between a single OPEN/CLOSE pair.

As for danger to the database, there is no danger
from the ICCAPI tool; you, knowing the data base and
plant, must evaluate the impact.

Note that you can also 'dry run' ICCAPI operations on
library volumes to check out the validity of operations
you want to try.  Further, such tools as FoxCAE and the
FeedForward RCC tool use this same ICCAPI tool, and do
multiple edits in single, sometimes very lengthly
sessions.

Regards,

William C. Ricker
FeedForward, Inc.
Marietta, GA, USA
wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
770-426-4422

>Is the following input file to iccdrvr.tsk valid?:
>
>OPEN CP303G MODIFY BUDANA
>MODIFY APRNFDR_SG1:XY28031_51
>M11 =3D 50007311
>M13 =3D 60595
>END
>MODIFY FEED_SG1:XY28566_23
>M11 =3D 50007499
>M13 =3D 60738
>END
>CLOSE
>EXIT
>

>As you can see, I am planning to "modify" 2 blocks (reside in the same =
>CP) in one go (never done this).  I have done with one block =
>modification.  Also, please if the "END" command is correctly placed.
>How "dangerous" is this to the database?
>
>Thanks in advance for your inputs.
>

>Budana

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat