Re: [foxboro] clicking on "Alarm" silences the Horn

  • From: "Redmond" <sredmond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:25:48 +1300

Hi Andreas,

>Is it possible to callup the Alarm Display WITHOUT influencing the Horn?

Most likely, if you <annoying air quote>really really </annoying air quote>
want to you could try something like this.
Reprogram the process alarm button to run a dmcmd script.  I think rcntalms
silences the horn, so there is not much you can do about that.
Edit init.user add line PRC_BTN=/opt/plant/dmscripts/alm_button.dmcmd

The alm_button.dmcmd would just run a bourne shell script
dmcmd run /opt/plant/dmscripts/alm_button.sh

The alarm button shell script would
Check to see if an alarm manager is running.
If am is running
    run /usr/fox/wp/bin/tools/show_win "Alarm Manager" to bring it to the
front
Else
   Start an alarm manager using amstart?

I am guessing that starting an alarm manager from command line will open the
next configured alarm manager, not the alarm manager tied to that dm in the
dmcfg file, like rcntalms does.  If the station hosts xterminals this
approach will struggle with that, and dual headed workstations.  You may
have to run show_win on both heads by setting the $DISPLAY variable.
Hopefully there is a better solution.

Also I think this solution would not work on V8 windows, because of the
show_win command.

Good luck!!

Sean