Re: [foxboro] Windows ICC Question

  • From: "William C Ricker" <wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:05:19 -0500

OK.  Remote Control Configurator. RCC.

Yes, multiple sessions.

Each session opens 1 single CP or a single volume, but several sessions can
be run at the same time from the same server to the same client or different
clients.  (we actually have a version which locks at the Compound level but
never release it because we haven't fixed an occasional hangup.)

At this stage it works quite nicely on a UNIX server but we don't have a
released version on Windows.  The problem (?) is that business is good.  We
did this as an available time kind of thing and that's scarce when business
is good.  In addition, the IA projects we have generally have enough
stations to support the number of people on the job.  Hence, no immediate
and direct business incentive to spend the time.

We also know there are a couple of bugs in the Foxview access of the related
software, the Cross Reference facility, but again we've not had the time to
fix them (or even to install the fix a guy was nice enough to send us). The
xref software also needs to be extended to pull tags out of AIM* historians.

I would like to move it forward.  Hope I get the chance.

William C Ricker
FeedForward, Inc.