Re: [foxboro] Viewing Legacy Historian Data in FoxView

  • From: "Murray, Steve" <SMurray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:53:18 -0700

Hi Jim,

  I have two systems, one using the old DM & the other one using FoxView.
When we need data from our archive tapes I use a set of utilities to dump
the data into a file that I open up in Excel.

  The operators using FoxView never had the old DM so they did not know what
they were missing.

  Good luck,

  Steve Murray
  Asarco

  The utility gethist is on the Cassandra site:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/archive/gethist.tar.Z

gethist.tar.Z (38 KB), read_me [v1.1, 3/15/00] - this program is a C program
which retrieves historian data from the Foxboro Historian using standard
Foxboro API calls and outputs the data in a variety of text formats. The
data can be retrieved from archives and reduction groups.

***FROM THE README FILE*********************
This Document covers gethist, gethist.pl,texthist.pl and cbp2csv.pl.
Overview:
The program 'gethist' is a 'C' program which retieves historian data from
the Foxboro Historian using standard Foxboro API calls and outputs the data
in a variety of text formats. The data can retrieved from ARCHIVES and
REDUCTION GROUPS.
Gethist is, in itself, not very useful as it takes unix time as it's time
arguments (although it defaults to the last 8 hours). Unix_time is the
number of seconds from 1/1/1970. It is generally used as a back end
processing engine for other programs.

Note that perl is required to be installed for these utilities to work. If
you haven't installed perl you should anyway. It beats shell scripts hands
down.
Go to http://sunfreeware.com for your copy of perl.

A perl wrapper program 'gethist.pl' performs the time format changes and
calls gethist.pl. Refer to further in this file for information.