Re: [foxboro] Version 8.4 RIN/BIN blocks with alarm capabilities? When?

  • From: <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:16:04 -0600

I had been told that only I/O points were to be counted in point
licensing. This may be due to the short coming of alarming for RIN/BIN
blocks in FDSIs, which require duplication with AIN/CIN blocks in the
CP270 to maintain the alarm function. A second point license required by
Foxboro for these non-I/O points would be Foxboro double-tapping the
customer in my opinion. Foxboro's point licensing is confusing at best,
as point licenses are sold for FDSIs (FBM23x) and CP270s at different
prices, yet the points all are installed in the CP270. I just don't get
it.

Even if no license is required for the additional non-I/O blocks, they
are still an additional load on the CP270 that would not be required if
Foxboro fixes their RIN/DIN alarming problem in the future. The only
good point is that these great and powerful new CP270s (all hail the
CP270!) can much more than handle the load of twice as many blocks.

How about a solid answer from Foxboro concerning this Point Licensing
Issue? Consider this an official request by all customers planning
upgrades, and yep, I know there are Foxboro Reps reading this who can
give us a definitive answer. This issue reminds me of the vagueness
associated with the "Additional Display Managers" license at Version 4.0
(One or multiple licenses required).

Thanks,
Jack Easley