Re: [foxboro] Tricon ACM upgrade

  • From: Richard Peck <lovetomix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 09:20:01 +1000

Hi,
Do we have details on how the new Triconex Comms Modules will interface
with IA?

From my understanding we are finally getting Triconex on the Mesh - but
there are no details yet on how it works.

Do the new comms modules (ACM II?) have a CP280 inside?  Do we allocate
compounds and blocks within it?
It is very exciting :)

We currently use 2 CP270's each with a Redundant FBM233 connected to the
Tricon.  One of the CP's has almost the limit of 2000 blocks reading from
the Tricon and the other one has in the order of 1000.  From these two CP's
the data is sent over the mesh to displays and the other 12 CP's performing
control...

So - we are excited to see if we could replace this with the new ACM II?

Ta:)