Re: [foxboro] Time Sync over ATS

  • From: "Jim Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:51:06 -0500

Thanks Alex for the information, that is what I was looking for.

Jim

>>> "Dumitru, Alex" <alex.dumitru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/6/2007 11:11 AM >>>
Hi Jim,

First you need to know that in IA V.8 The Master Timekeeper (MTK)
resides on the Mesh and provides time updates to all stations on both
Mesh and Nodebus networks. The Master Timekeeper will automatically run
on a V8.1 workstation and will automatically disable any potential
Nodebus Master Timekeeper.

If you are going to implement the time sync solution as described in the
B0700AQ then the MTK for your entire system (Mesh and Nodebus) will be
already synced with a GPS reference and you will need to decommission
the time synchronization scheme that is currently running on the Nodebus
side.

I would recommend you to look at the B0700RF - I/A Series V8.1 Software
for Workstation Server for Windows - Release Notes document that
contains additional details on the subject of time handling in the Mesh
- ATS - Nodebus configuration.

Hope this helps,

Alex Dumitru, Eng.
SI & IT