Re: [foxboro] Supervisory control

  • From: "Andriny Bt Rusman \(R&T/PETH\)" <andriny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 08:53:15 +0800

All,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, we actually went with Matrikon
OPC & have not gone down the SSC route.  At the moment, the APC
controller writes the setpoint to the PIDE or to the PIDE output.  The
setpoint is not locked so operators can still manipulate the SPT or OUT.
That is why I want to try the SSC way. My previous plant used a
different way (not using the SSC) which was a bit cumbersome.

So simply put, does SSC work with Matrikon OPC with Fox v7.1.1?  I don't
need the alarming functions (already configured in another way). What
are the pitfalls to be expected?

Best regards,
Andriny Rusman
Advanced Process Control Engineer,