Re: [foxboro] RCNI

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:58:03 -0500

Old age is setting in. I can't count to two. The NCNI was not described
correctly which is sad because I have two pair in my lab.

Here's the revised explanation.

The RCNI takes one 10 Mbps Ethernet port and a set of switches (implemented
using a serial port) and has two 100 Mbps Ethernet outputs. There is
additional internal magic.

The NCNI takes two 10 Mbps Nodebus inputs (bus A and bus B) and produces ONE
100 Mbps Ethernet output to one of the Control Network switches (A or B). It
takes two NCNIs per I/A Series Nodebus to build a complete connection to the
Control Network. There is additional
internal magic.

Sorry for the confusion.

Invensys
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77063
713.722.2859 (office)
713.722.2700 (switchboard)
713.932.0222 (fax)
ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
For the latest information on ArchestrA, go to
www.invensys.com/Archestra.html
<http://www.invensys.com/divisions/Archestra.html> .

        No. The RCNI and NCNI are not interchangeable.

        The RCNI takes one 10 Mbps Ethernet port and a set of switches
(implemented
        using a serial port) and has two 100 Mbps Ethernet outputs. There is
        additional internal magic.

        The NCNI takes two 10 Mbps Nodebus inputs (bus A and bus B) and
produces two
        100 Mbps Ethernet outputs to the Control Network switch. There is
additional
        internal magic.