Re: [foxboro] PI I/A Interface and FoxAPI "Bad Input" Fix + CP60 reboot

  • From: tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:03:36 -0400

Thanks Alex!
        The document that we were looking at said that FoxAPI Ver. 4.3 was
still in Beta testing.  Is that still true?
        In regard to using rsom on 21CP03 before turning points off and on
Scan from the PI interface, we have done this a hundred times with no
incidents before.  I use som on the FOXAPI host and rsom on the CP's
extensively to understand object manager issues but alas, I did not use it
this time, and wish I had.  It was one of those late Friday afternoon
decisions;)
        BTW, do you know a way to execute som and rsom in a way that dumps
all opdb and opvr data to a text file for easy import to a spreadsheet?  I
would find this very useful.
        Also, how useful have the dump files been in identifying reasons for
CP errors like we experienced.  Do Foxboro still analyze them to establish
root cause of failures?

Again, Thanks for your rapid feedback.

Tom V.