Re: [foxboro] Opening overlays automatically

  • From: "Brian Hueni" <Brian.Hueni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:20:57 -0500

David,
One other thing to protect for is the scenario where the workstation that
the dmcmd command is issued to is down/offline/etc.  Without error checking
during this scenario, the sequence will fail to manual with a -45
(setconfirm error).  This can be prevented by implementing a TO_SYS_ERROR
SBX.  The TO_SYS_ERROR SBX would be similar to that below. The action code
would need to be surrounded with an IF construct to bypass the callup based
on an auto-callup active flag (AUTO_CALLUP).  Since other setconfirm errors
will throw a -45 as well, we can set/unset a flag (DMCMD_SET) before/after
to know that the auto-callup is the offender.

I've set this type of code up on a few batch units where the operator has
the option to turn on (and off) the auto-callup to cause the displays to
follow the batch processing.  The same mechanisms also work well to have
sequences launch shell scripts and other applications at the workstation
level.

SBX Code Snippet:

BLOCK_EXCEPTION TO_SYS_ERROR
IF (OP_ERR = -45 AND DMCMD_SET) THEN
   AUTO_CALLUP := FALSE;
ENDIF;

Subroutine Snippet (note the snippet would now need to be in a subroutine):
        /* Open Alert Overlay */
IF (AUTO_CALLUP) THEN
      DMCMD_SET := TRUE;
        :OV_DM :=3D "dmcmd ov ",OV_Alert," -l UR";
      DMCMD_SET := FALSE;
ENDIF;

        /* Close Alert Overlay */
IF (AUTO_CALLUP) THEN
      DMCMD_SET := TRUE;
        :OV_DM :=3D "dmcmd close -name ",OV_Alert;
      DMCMD_SET := FALSE;
ENDIF;

Brian Hueni
Principle Solutions Architect