Re: [foxboro] Next Generation Platform??? = Infusion ECS

  • From: <tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:30:33 -0400

        Infusion ECS is the big announcement that we have all been
waiting for?  In looking at the website it is still hard to tell if
Wonderware is now the HMI for the "new" system.  It does show InTouch
connected as an OPC Client and mentions Legacy HMI systems, (but not
Foxview by name).  How about it Alex, is Foxview part of that "Legacy"
HMI box? =20
http://www.infusionecs.com/images/InfusionAcess1_2j_large.jpg
        I'm guessing InTouch is still through the old OPC DA interface,
as I don't know if OPC UA is even "real" yet.  I don't see Intouch using
OPC DA as a viable replacement for the "Legacy" Foxboro HMI but there
are opportunities once Wonderware moves to OPC UA which I believe will
support web services.  If there is anyone from Invensys/Wonderware that
has the knowledge and insight to give us an in-depth explanation of
their direction?
        At any rate, "Infusion" depicts a more connected company that
looks like they are trying to consolidate their individual entities and
assets under one architecture.  Hopefully the marketing, sales, and
purchasing groups of each company will consolidate so they will be
working together instead of appearing like competitors.  I especially
notice that with Foxboro and Triconex.  We deal with ESSCOR but haven't
done anything with SimSci but I could imagine a possible competition
between them.  That isn't a healthy thing for customers to see.
        In the short term, I didn't see anything that rocks the world of
the Foxboro IA users, but you be the judge of that by looking at:
http://www.infusionecs.com/
Cheers,
Tom VandeWater