Re: [foxboro] HMI - resolution problem

  • From: Richard Peck <lovetomix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:12:32 +1000

Hi Guys,
I was looking at trying a 4k monitor to show 4 foxview sessions, each
session being the 1920x1080 size...

Has anyone done something similar?

Our current setup is using the old 1600x1200 NEC monitors... but when we
replace them we are going to the wide screen format...

Space is an issue - each operator has 6 panels... adding a couple inches
per panel makes the widescreen - very wide...

When we upgrade our graphics - the conversion tool just adds grey space to
the right of the screen - is it possible to get the grey space added on the
left? (our overlays open on the left by default... so this would suit us
quite well.

Thanks,
Richard

On 11 August 2015 at 01:29, Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This probably is not your problem, but everyone needs to be aware that
unless Schneider has changed something within the last year, your LCD will
need to be set to 1920x1080 resolution to work with the widescreen FoxView.
This is the case with our V8.8 system. If you don't use that resolution,
then it will either clip the graphics in the extended graphic region on the
sides, or even more likely, it will only display some scattered
miscellaneous objects.

Conroe & Dayton , TX.
Conroe ph) 936-760-6205
Dayton ph) 936-257-4212
pager) 936-522-0052

"Landry, Scott"
<Scott.Landry@sch
neider-electric.c To
om> "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Sent by: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
foxboro-bounce@fr cc
eelists.org
Subject
Re: [foxboro] HMI - resolution
08/10/2015 09:44 problem
AM

Please respond to
foxboro@freelists
.org

Hariharan,

B0193PL Flat Panel Monitor Setup, RevU is the latest, widescreen
suggestions in Appendix A
are based on NEC 23" 16x9 aspect ratio. Your Dell monitors are 22"
and 16x10 aspect ratio.

Questions; Do all the computers have the exact same video card and
driver version ?

Tip, reboot without I/A on (Foxview Off) when adjusting the
resolution.

Add FV_KEEPASPECTRATIO=N to the bottom of
the /usr/fox/wp/data/init.user file to get rid to the gaps in Foxview.

The following Nvidia cards have been shipped over the years in various
Dell and HP workstations that Foxboro provides,
1600x1200 resolution is not supported on the vast majority when using
the NEC 23" with 16x9 aspect ratio.

NVS450
NVS310
NVS295