Re: [foxboro] Foxboro Instrumentation Question

  • From: <BillW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:24:05 -0600

I have mixed feelins as well.  Mixed between upset and trully angery.
Where is this news about FOXCOM coming from?  We are close to 90% FOXCOM
including SRD991 valve positioners and we have not heard this new from
Foxboro.  I am particularly upset because our system is relatively new -
5 years old.  All the while we were putting in our system we requested
to get away from FOXCOM and to a standard protocol even though it meant
mixed protocols.  All we ever got from Foxboro was excuses to why they
could not provide a standard protocol and assurances that the FOXCOM
would remain the backbone of the I/A systems.  If this rumor is true, I
hope Foxboro is thinking through the migration route for us customers.
But I do agree that the opportunities that exist if Foxboro goes to a
standard protocol are exciting.  The digital transmitter world has been
great, but -- this little FOXCOM box we have been living in will unfold
into a much larger, friendly world.

Bill Walters
Chief Engineer
Sinclair Oil Corp.