Re: [foxboro] FBM232 OPC Client "hangs"

  • From: <dave.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:38:11 -0400

Hi Dave J.,
I've seen something similar maybe this will help...

We were using FBM232 with OPC client to read an OPC Server which was Win XP.
They upgrade the server to Win7.
That's when we got the issue you describe-- good for several minutes, then
disconnect.

We sniffed the connection and found the RPC-E-DISONNECTED message if I'm
remembering correctly.
Looked this up and found it was and issue between the DCOM security settings of
WinCE and Win7.
Again, if I'm remembering correctly... the fix was to make some registry edits
on the Win7 Server to lower the security level.

Here are some links to learn more:
<https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/8ad0cda4-4372-417b-bb21-da66161ae15f/dcom-link-fails-with-rpcedisconnected-every-6-minutes?forum=windowssdk>

<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff708694(v=vs.85).aspx>

Hope this helps.