Re: [foxboro] FBM 230 RS-485 communication to Allen Bradley

  • From: "Landry, Scott" <Scott.Landry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:07:58 -0500

  Sandy,

    Some suggestions for you since this seems to be a new installation;

  #1  make sure you are using equivalent or higher revision of the
        FBM224/FBM230/FBM231 Termination assembly below;

        P0926GH rev. E (compression screw)
        P0926PA rev. B (Ring Lug)

  #2   Close C5 and C6 on the RS232 DIP switches,  all others on A, B and C
should be Open.

  #3   Use the latest Documents,  B0700AH-N  and  B0700BG-H

  #4   Use the latest driver,  V2.3.4

  #5   Use the latest FBM230 firmware,  V1.35

  #6   Use the latest FDSI configurator,  V1.4

  #7   With the latest driver, configure all the diagnostic counter blocks for
ECB200 and ECB201
         These will help you determine the best TO=  setting  plus give a
wealth of information on how the interface is
         performing.  You could create a graphic with this information for easy
access.

  #8   Determine if the RedLion is capable of Heartbeat and then determine
which of the 3 heartbeat methods to use.

  #9  Kevin brought up a good point about having more than one Master on the
bus at the same time and to know what exception
         codes are being returned from the PLC >> RedLion >> FBM230.

    Regards,

    Scott

From: Brian Long <blong@xxxxxxx>
Sender: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 21:49:36
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Probably need to add more time to timeout, see manual for details.
Sorry to not be more help, I'm not close to any docs.

Brian

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 28, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Sandy AH <aloy_sah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am interfacing FBM230 with PLC Allen Bradley over RS485.
> The modbus data is Holding Register Floating Point (4 bytes) with all modbus
> configuration as per the configuration in PLC. Everything is showing healthy
> on communication and I can get the data in RIN and BIN blocks.
> But after sometimes (let's say few hours) the communication fails (it shows
> the device fail) and not automatically back to normal. I have to disable
> communication and then enable communication in SMDH. Once I did this, the
> communication immediately back to normal.�
> For example if I disconnect the cable (RS485 cable) and connect it back, the
> communication to PLC AB does not back to normal automatically, it requires me
> to disable/enable communication in SMDH first in order to make the
> communication back healthy.
> Is there anyone can help on this since it is quite disturbing that I have to
> disable / enable the communication every time there is a break in the
> communication.
>
> Regards,
> Sandy - QAFAC

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys
Group, owned by Invensys Limited, which is a company registered in England and
Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X
7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please select the Legal Entities link at invensys.com.
Invensys Limited is owned by the Schneider-Electric Group.

You may contact Invensys Limited on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
reception@xxxxxxxxxxxx. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject
to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and
affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).