Re: [foxboro] Control Room Design

  • From: "Gunter, Matt" <Matt.Gunter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:04:37 +0000

I can't say the size, but we have done what you indicate below.  All of the
workstations, switches, and the server are in a separate room with the
Keyboard/Monitor/Mouse in the room operators work from.  Most Engineering
effort occurs in the server room and at a remote lab.  The one thing that is a
problem, is that the HVAC units are in the room with the boxes and switches.
These elevate the noise level significantly so I recommend that you have yet
another room where these can reside with adequate clearance around them for
maintenance.

For what it is worth, we recently reworked the ceiling in the operator's area
(someone was complaining about the lighting causing headaches) installing
recessed lighting and replacing the white tiles with black.  The general
lighting in the room is subdued but the Wright-Line furniture (which has worked
well for us) has station lights if more illumination is needed locally.  It's
pretty nice atmosphere.