Re: [foxboro] Calca Block Logic Help

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:55:10 -0500

Untested except by my feeble neural network CALC block simulator -- use at
your own risk :)

(1)  In RI01
(2)  SUB M01  (which is 1.0)
(3)  MIN
(4)  In RI02
(5)  In RI03
(6)  Add 3
(7)  BIZ 9 (Set the Bit)
(8)  GTO 11 (Clr the Bit)
(9)  SET BO08  ;could use stack but I like an out for debugging
(10) GTO 12
(11) CLR BO08
(12) IN BO08
(13) OSP 1     ;see note below
(14) BIF 17
(15) IN BO01
(16) OUT ~BO01
(17) EXIT

Here BO08 turns on for one minute at the beginning of every month, and on
the first block scan after this happens, output BO01 is inverted, then
left alone until the next month.  If your block is scanning faster than
one second (or maybe slower, too, I can;t remember if an OSP n defaults to
no pulse if n < block period), use -1 in an Mxx and do OSP Mxx instead.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Gillis, Dale" <Dale.Gillis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/24/2007 12:25 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] Calca Block Logic Help

Hi list,

I need some help with some calc block logic.....I think I'm having a
brain fart as I cannot get this.

What I want to do is use a calc block to set a bit (BO01) to 1 for one
minute at midnight on the first day of every month.  I've set RI01 =3D
Station.day, RI02 to Station.hour and RI03 to Station.Minute.  Then I
want to use this bit to toggle a SWCH block and hold it toggle for 1
month until the next 1st day at midnight comes and toggle the other way.
Here is what I have so far but I cannot get it to remember the toggle
bit so as to keep the SWCH Block Toggled

(1)In RI01
(2)SUB M01  (which is 1.0)
(3)MIN=20
(4)In RI02
(5)In RI03
(6)Add 3
(7)BIZ 9 (Set the Bit)
(8)GTO 11 (Clr the Bit)
(9)SET BO01
(10)EXIT
(11)CLR BO01

Then I was using a Flip Flop to remember this BO01 but I don't know how
to reset it when the next month comes around so that it will change the
toggle on the SWCH Block.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Dale Gillis