Re: [foxboro] CALCULATING CHANGE IN VALUE

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 22:12:12 +0000

Richard
Getting back to you on the off subject topic.  We are a batch operation and we
do run a one-week annual maintenance shutdown where we clean pipelines,
reactors, vessels and tanks; service boilers and power house, etc.  We
mechanically safe all processes so it does give us the opportunity to take down
at least portions of the DCS to clean and service workstations, do software
upgrades, and the like.  We do disconnect all power from the plant for one
afternoon to service substations and switchgear at which point we do an orderly
shutdown of the entire DCS.  I know most of the continuous process people out
there don't have it nearly so easy.
Tom Badura