Re: [foxboro] Batch Application

  • From: "Jim Mowrey" <jmowrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:13:04 -0400

I can offer a solution to what I believe MAY be the root problem.  The root
problem in a batch application MAY be that the CP on reboot tries to run
some old batch, often with disastrous results.  For instance, you make
changes in the ICC and checkpoint while a batch is adding a particular
chemical to a recipe.  But on reboot, the CP attempts to start adding that
same chemical regardless of plant condition, because the phase logic was
active during checkpoint.

Or, on reboot, you start running a completely different batch recipe.

The solution I've used is a CPINIT compound to HOLD, then ABORT all phases
in the CP, thus "cleaning up" the recipe download and phantom phase light
off problem.  This has solved this problem in numerous batch applications
that I've done, and if this is the problem you are trying to solve, it works
quite well.

Jim Mowrey
Maxis Automation