Re: [foxboro] Anyone using Cutler Hammer SVX drives with Foxboro?

  • From: Chad Ziesemer <cziesemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 18:25:31 +0000

[NoobHat: On]
I appreciate the advice but I don't fully understand "be careful where you put
those VFD controllers on your TCP/IP network," I guess I don't see that I have
any options since this set-up is so small:

My current set-up is just one FBM 232 with an unmanaged switch and 4 identical
drives (with different IP addresses). The FBM 232 is on one of the PIO busses
for an FCP270. Is the extent of the TCP/IP network in this case just local to
the FBM 232 then? We don't have any plans to hook anything else in this
network besides other identical drives, and the extra physical ports are not
accessible so we don't get the curious laptop user plugging in.

[NoobHat: Off] .... if only it was that easy.

I understand that there may not be a solid answer, the good news is we are
going to be able to try this on a low-priority set-up for a number of months
before we'd attempt it on anything more critical.

Thanks!
Chad