Re: [foxboro] Alarm Clearing

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:08:52 -0500

Chris,

In a word, yes; it can be done. But in anther word, carefully - because an
error can cost you big time depending on the risk assessment of your process.
You could create something as simple as an ascii list of compounds and blocks
to be cleared, then write a script or program that reads the C:B and then
slowly (1 write per second) writes to the parameter to clear the alarm. You
could run the script when the shutdown is happening (likely a manual pick by
your Operator from a screen).  You can maintain the ascii list with one C:B per
line and add or delete C:B as required.  If your instrument people delete a
block, you need to be informed so that you can delete the line in the ascii
file.
Terry