Re: [foxboro] A post-Halloween trick

  • From: "Corey R Clingo" <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:36:44 -0600

I posted this same comment a couple months back.  Opera didn't work on the
Invensys web site, so I tried Mozilla.  No luck there, either.

In case anyone's wondering why I don't just "prepare to be assimilated" (or
inseminated, I forget which) and just use IE, it's because our upgrade
schedule is determined not by me, but by our IS department.  Therefore,
upgrade frequency is about never.  Since there's a security hole and
accompanying patch about every 2 weeks or so with IE, I get a little
nervous.  Besides, I just don't like it as well as either Mozilla or Opera.

I've heard no reply to my comment, and as of last week, Mozilla still
doesn't work (the mouse-over menus don't appear, making the site somewhat
difficult to navigate).

Corey

|         |           duc.do@dowcorning|
|         |           .com             |
|         |           foxboro-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org      |
|         |           11/01/2002 01:55 |
|         |           foxboro          |

  |               To:  foxboro
                                                  |
  |        cc:
                                                  |
  |        Subject: Re: [foxboro] A post-Halloween trick

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the response. Confession: I had cynically not expected any
Invensys response. ;-)

At any rate, my comment was about some cross-browser (in)compatibility
problem on the CSC site (some things are broken when viewing with the
mozilla browser), but I doubt that it would be fixed any time soon, see
that
a simple mailto: link is still bad a week after discovery.

Regards,

Duc