Re: [foxboro] 4MM Tape Problems

  • From: "McLeish, Rob" <rob.mcleish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:47:53 +1000

Robert,

get a copy of QF991274C from the Foxboro web, install it and run the
/usr/local/find_tape script. This will find the tape and point you to the
correct device (/dev/dsk/xxx). If it doesn't try running the add_periphs or
doing a boot -r to attach the tape. Once you have a tape drive that is
working you should have no problems reading the tape, it's a backup of an AW
so use ufsrestore ivfs /dev/dsk/xxx 1 to read the root volume you wont need
to link the device to rst9. If you still can't get the find_tape to
recognise the tape you might have to shutdown the workstation to the prom
level and do probe-scsi to check the tape.

One other thing to check is the type of tape and tape drive. You can read
DDS1 (90M) tapes in DDS1,2 or 3 drives but you can not go the other way so
if you have a backup on a DDS2 or DDS3 tape and you drive is DDS1 then your
stuffed.

hope this helps.

Robert McLeish.
Foxboro Australia.