[foxboro] XP reboot causes Time to Jump 7 hours ahead

  • From: "Brenden, Richard L." <rlbrenden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:29:50 -0700

Hello List,
We recently rebooted an XP that is the Master time keeper (MTK) and the time
jumped ahead 7 hours to UTC time. This caused all historians to flat line for
seven hours. This box has been rebooted before without problems.

QF1011666 that was supposed to correct time related issues was previously
installed on this box.

The MTK with No GPS is on the MESH AW Ver.8.4.1 and the BMTK is on a Solaris AW
 Ver. 7.1.4 on one of 11 Nodes.

My question is; Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it.
Also is there a way to detect before a reboot that a time jump is likely and
prevent it.

Best Regards,
Rich Brenden
Cell 541-217-1224