[foxboro] SOM variables - was: Object visibility with environment

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:20:32 -0400

Re: SOM
SOM shows the OM variables created in the station running SOM.

Re: DM and WP globals

WP's have two types of globals:

1)    Read only

2)    Read/Write

Read-only variables are contained within the memory of the DM/FV
application. They cannot be changed.

Read/write variables are actually OM variables. There are two types:

1)    WP based (one variable of that name per WP)

2)    DM based (one variable of that name per DM instance)

The Read/Write variables can be created by adding lines to
/usr/fox/wp/data/init.user. The general discussion is contained in
/usr/fox/wp/data/wp51_glbs.all.

To be brief, you can create globals of three types: STRING, LONGINT, and
FLOAT. String variables default to 80 (or 81 I can't remember)
characters, but can be adjusted to be as long as 256 characters.

Re: Ignacio's question

I answered that separately.

Hope this helps.

Invensys Systems, Inc.

10900 Equity Drive

Houston, TX 77041

713.329.8472 (voice)

713.329.1700 (fax)

713.329.1600 (switchboard)

alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

=3D

On Behalf Of IQUEIROLOO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:54 AM

To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [foxboro] Object visibility with environment

Hi list,

=3D20

I need to drive the visibility property of an object with the =3D

environment that I am using on a DM. What I did was create shared =3D

variables with the "omcrt" command to tie the visibility. The names of =

=3D

the variables are coincident with the DM names in the station. The =3D

following steps are what I did:

=3D20

1) I checked the space variables with the "show_params" command to know

=3D

if I have limitations to create shared variables.

=3D20

2) I wrote a script to create the variables. The script looks like:

-=3D

#!/bin/sh

# @(#)go_OMCREATE       0.1 04/07/06

#

=3D20

# Document the script here.

=3D20

#************************************************************

# Setup necessary shell variables

OMTOOLS=3D3D/opt/fox/bin/tools

DMCFG=3D3D/usr/fox/customer/hi/dmcfg

LOCALHOST=3D3D`uname -n`

=3D20

#************************************************************

# Put all operating command here

DMNAMES=3D3D`cat $DMCFG | grep -w "NAME" | awk '$2 ~ /'"$LOCALHOST"'/ =

=3D

{print $3}'`

for DM in $DMNAMES

do

        $OMTOOLS/omcrt -i $DM >/dev/null 2>&1

done

-=3D

=3D20

This script can be run from the user_apps.dat to create the variables at

=3D

the start up. Each box in the system will have one variable for each DM

=3D

name. The type of the variables is integer.

=3D20

3) I added a line to each file environment to set the value of the =3D

variables with the "omset" command each time I change the environment. =

=3D

The files are the Operator_env and Engineer_env:

=3D20

:::::::::::::::::::

Operator_env

:::::::::::::::::::

dmcmd run /opt/tools/scripts/setvis 0 $DMNAME (this is the last line)

=3D20

:::::::::::::::::::

Engineer_env

:::::::::::::::::::

dmcmd run /opt/tools/scripts/setvis 1 $DMNAME (this is the last line)

=3D20

The setvis script looks like:

-=3D

#!/bin/sh

# @(#)setvis    0.1 04/07/06

#

=3D20

# Document the script here.

=3D20

# Setup necessary shell variables

OMTOOLS=3D3D/opt/fox/bin/tools

=3D20

# Put all operating command here

$OMTOOLS/omset -i $1 $2

-=3D

=3D20

4) Finally, I configured the display file to drive the object visibility

=3D

with these variables. The configuration involves:

=3D20

In the line where you put the variables which is the path, I wrote =3D

$DMNAME.

Lowest State: 0

Number of a States: 2

State : Invis 0 Vis 1

   0          0

   1          1

=3D20

I would like to hear your comment about this. May be there is a better =

=3D

solution or the steps above have something that could be a problem with

=3D

other things in the system. I have been using this for about three weeks

=3D

and I haven't found problems.

=3D20

Thanks in advance for the comments you can send me.

=3D20

Ignacio Queirolo Olivera

Control Avanzado

Complejo Industrial Ensenada

Repsol YPF - Qu=3DEDmica

Tel.: 54 221 429-8400 ext. 26481

Fax: 54 221 429-8400 ext. 26209

iqueiroloo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:iqueiroloo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>=3D20

=3D20

AVISO LEGAL:

Esta informaci=3DF3n es privada y confidencial y est=3DE1 dirigida =3D

=3DFAnicamente a su destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario =

original

=3D

de este mensaje y por este medio pudo acceder a dicha informaci=3DF3n =

por

=3D

favor elimine el mensaje. La distribuci=3DF3n o copia de este mensaje =

=3D

est=3DE1 estrictamente prohibida. Esta comunicaci=3DF3n es s=3DF3lo para
=

=3D

prop=3DF3sitos de informaci=3DF3n y no debe ser considerada como =

propuesta,

=3D

aceptaci=3DF3n ni como una declaraci=3DF3n de voluntad oficial de REPSOL
=

YPF

=3D

S.A. y/o subsidiarias y/o afiliadas. La transmisi=3DF3n de e-mails no =

=3D

garantiza que el correo electr=3DF3nico sea seguro o libre de error. Por
=

=3D

consiguiente, no manifestamos que esta informaci=3DF3n sea completa o =

=3D

precisa. Toda informaci=3DF3n est=3DE1 sujeta a alterarse sin previo

aviso.=3D20

This information is private and confidential and intended for the =3D

recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message =

=3D

you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or

=3D

copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is =

=3D

for information purposes only and shall not be regarded neither as a =3D

proposal, acceptance nor as a statement of will or official statement =

=3D

from REPSOL YPF S.A. and/or subsidiaries and/or affiliates. Email =3D

transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore,

=3D

we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it

=3D

should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change

=3D

without notice.

=3D20

=3D20