[foxboro] Remote DMs and DHCP: The saga continues, the AM and ICC can't phone home.

  • From: "Rick Mol" <rdmol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:51:01 -0500

All Wise and All Knowing List,

I've setup DNS/DHCP on our AW51B using the nsswitch.conf and
resolv.conf files.  The remote PCs can light up display managers.

The only problem is that neither the Alarm Manager or the ICC will
start on the remote PC.  The AM blinks and doesn't start.  The ICC
starts on the AW host.  The system manager and display tools start on
the remote PC.
If the PC is switched back to static IP, everything works.

This is with eXceed 7.x

The question is, what else needs to happen so the ICC and AM can find
where they belong?

Thanks and regards,

Rick Mol
ESCO Company