[foxboro] R: FTget size error

  • From: "Bertollini, Paride" <Pbertoll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 05:27:30 -0400

Walied,
-first of all you have to use "dedicated" DAY0 cdrom for style D(p/n
K0175SF-A);
-then you have to use the script ia_install on the floppy INSTWPD9(on
windows type file2dsk INSTWPD9 and so create the floppy;boot CDROM ; cd / ;
tar xvf /dev/fd0c with floppy inserted in ; cd /tmp ; ia_install.)
-you have to use styleD dedicated floppies also for
MediaDistribution(10091)during committal creation and Revision Level(11001)
during commit process; all these dedicated floppies are only for 6.1 style D
'cause it has a different Kernel to load.
Bye
hope this help
bye my friend
Paride

        [Bertollini, Paride]
> Dear Paride,
>
> I am installing 6.1 UNIX to an AW51D with 8.6GB hard disk IDE.
> The CD DAY 0 is giving a message of FT_GET_SIZE error.
> I used preinstall disk 175SNF as follows:
> # tarxvf/dev/efd0c
> # zcat/tmp/pre_install.Z|tar xvf-
> # /tmp/fox_labelc0t0d0 system
> Then I am supposed to be able to install IA from /tmp/ia_install. But I
receive an error message saying that: this utility is used only for devices
connected to SCSI controller.