[foxboro] Modbus Multidrop

  • From: "Airhart, Chad M." <Chad.Airhart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:35:58 -0500

We have two Foxboro Integrator 30's for connection to devices with
Modbus.  I now have to connect multiple devices to each Modbus
integrator so I want to do a multidrop for each.  Each integrator
connects to a P0970VB configuration selector.  The manual shows that
card going to a J478 or J878 modem then modbus bus connected to a J478
or J878 modem at each device.  The only J478 or J878 modems I found on
the internet look like 1970's vintage boxes.  How are you guys doing
multidrop (where each connected device is via RS-232) and with which
equipment (vendor/model numbers)?  Looking for standard off the shelf
equipment if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.
Chad M. Airhart
Principal Engineer - Lyondell Chemical Co.
Instrument, Electrical and Control Systems Engineering
Victoria Plant
Ph. (361)572-2568
Fx. (361)572-2541
Cell. (361)935-3230