[foxboro] HLBL User Labels

  • From: "Klebba, Daniel" <Daniel.Klebba@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:59:51 -0600

My understanding is that you cannot pass a user label to a subroutine
and have it act as a user label in the subroutine, i.e.

THIS_GUY        : BO0001;       {user label to pass}

SUBROUTINE CHNG_OUTPUT (IN Label :S)
        Label   :=3D TRUE;      {set the Boolean output to TRUE}
ENDSUBROUTINE

STATEMENTS
        CALL CHNG_OUTPUT (THIS_GUY);
ENDSEQUENCE

As I understand it, this code will not work to change the status of
BO0001 because I cannot pass a user label to a subroutine.  It will only
set the local subroutine variable to the string value "TRUE."  A
subroutine can only take strings, real, Booleans, and integers as
arguments (arrays being a special case of said arguments) and I haven't
figured out a way to pass a user label as a string which can then be
used as a user label in the subroutine.

Is this understanding incorrect?  The reason this is important is that
the subroutine would be written in an include file which could then be
used in HLBL in several compounds.

I believe that I can work around this problem by using input registers
instead of output registers but that is counter-intuitive and it seems
only reasonable to be able to pass user labels.

Thanks
Daniel Klebba
ATK Launch