[foxboro] Ghost, Invalid or Stuck Alarms - Jim Spence

  • From: JSpence224@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:10:15 EDT

Hello All,

We are experiencing problems with our Foxboro I/A system concerning stuck,
invalid or ghost alarms. We are currently using version 9.0 of FoxView and I/A
release 7.0.

We have several STALM blocks that are generating alarms based on boolean
outputs from calc blocks and these alarms are listed on the active alarm page.
The problem is that the boolean outputs that the STALM blocks are looking at
are  false. When looking at the STALM block detail screen it shows that the
block is  sensing an alarm condition but the condition does not really exist. I
have  verified that the calc block outputs to the STALM blocks are indeed
false.
This  has caused many issues with out operators and the only way to clear
these alarms  is to reboot the station.

We also have an issue between the two AW stations in that the alarm screens
are different for each. The second AW station does not show the above ghost
alarms but it is missing some valid active alarms that are being shown on the
first AW.

This have left me confused and scratching my head.

Here is the block configuration for one of the STALM blocks that is stuck  in
alarm :

GCA_TRIP_C2:GCASFTO

NAME        GCASFTO
TYPE        STALM
DESCRP    GCA INLET SCRUB.SUC.VLV FTO TRIP
PERIOD    2
PHASE    0
LOOPID    FD50213
IN            :INITOR1_LGC.BO01.~
SAP        3
SAG        1
MA          1
INITMA    1
INHOPT    0
INHIB        GCA_CTRL_C2:1906M_CNTR.BO02.~
INHALM    0x0
BAO        0
BAT
BAP        5
BAG        1
PNM        ZSH850
SATXT    FAIL TO OPEN
RTNTXT    NORMAL

The above "IN" point is false. The above "INHIB" point is true. The alarm  is
active and cannot be cleared.

Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jim Spence

Controls Engineer
Procter & Gamble