[foxboro] Fall back option on DI Cards

  • From: "Sekar, Venkat" <SekarV@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 13:24:03 -0700

Dear Group,

In general for DCS Digital Input (or state Input) cards, my understanding is
that we usually don't have a fallback option (as a configuration parameter) in
the ECB Level for individual channels in the Digital Input Card  or overall
definition for the module(FBM207b) (to fallback to 0 or 1 or to hold the last
value).

I understand that there is a fallback option for Digital Output cards and that
can be defined.

Question is
A) Is it industry practice to expect a fallback option for DI Cards in DCS?
B) In general, when the DI card fails, I assume the Digital Input tags will
hold the last state. Is that Correct?
C) Does Digital Input Card (FBM207b) have channel failure detection capability
for individual channels and if so, will it alarm in the SMDH.
D) With these scenarios in mind, is it meaningful to define Bad alarm option
for individual Digital tags configured to FBM207b

Regards
Venkat Sekar

please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete
this e-mail and destroy any copies.

Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other
than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.